Intercom is a great place to work. We care about people (you, our customers, our teammates).
- Managing, evolving and optimising our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Automating operational alarm creation & remediation
- Improving our logging infrastructure
- Owning our Linux operating system configuration, tuning and patch management
- Debugging critical infrastructure issues and general on call duties
- Moving our AWS infrastructure to be managed by Docker
- Working on projects with our SRE team to improve the performance, scalability and reliability of our applications
The core Intercom product is a Ruby on Rails application with an Ember.js frontend. Our infrastructure runs entirely within Amazon Web Services. We use MySQL, MongoDB and DynamoDB for most of our storage. We have a small but growing number of backend services written in Java on Dropwizard.
To be a good fit, you should have:
- a strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity
- experience operating highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- practical experience and proficiency with a high level programming language (preferably Ruby)
- a strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- advanced Linux systems engineering skills
Bonus skills include:
- experience scaling data stores such as MySQL and MongoDB
- experience building and scaling services on AWS
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every weekday, plus snacks and drinks on tap
- Regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Generous public transport allowance
- Roaming gym membership across all FlyeFit gyms in Dublin
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!