Life at Q is anything but boring! We’re on a mission to find the A’s to the most challenging Q’s of today. That makes our everyday lives more fun, our team more cohesive and our daily tasks more exciting. Are you ready for a challenge?
We’re looking for a Solution Architect (m/f) – a person who will select and argument the best technology stack and architecture for given requirements, analyze the requirements alongside our Business analysts, and support our Sales Engineering team with advice, suggestions, and consulting.
Who will you be working with?
On a day to day basis you’ll be working with Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts, clients, Sales Engineering team, and team leaders of other teams.
Who are you reporting to?
You will be reporting to Head of Engineering
What will you be doing?
- analyze requirements and propose the best technical solutions and options
- provide software estimates based on the proposed solution
- write detailed technical documentation for proposed solutions
- compile and maintain internal architecture library
- help mitigate risks, stress out assumptions, alternatives, constraints, issues, and dependencies for a given software solution
- analyze existing solutions and come up with suggestions for improvement
- prepare a proof of concepts for the Sales Engineering team and clients
- work with developers providing supervision and guidance in executing the solution
- consult development teams on approaches, best practices, and solutions
- provide the development teams with architectural blueprints
- troubleshoot and resolve issues with coding or design
- actively participate in project discovery phases
- ensuring projects comply with strategic guidelines and architecture
- assessing and argue business impact that certain technical choices and solutions have
- work with leaders of other teams in creating the best possible solution and solution options
- research current and new technologies and propose changes and adoption
- present regular progress reports
What do we expect?
- 10+ years of experience
- experience with application design and architecture
- experience with system security measures
- experience with data modeling patterns and best practices
- strong technical background covering multiple software development dimensions
- hands-on experience in software development with an in-depth understanding of programming and best practices
- experience in reading and writing technical documentation
- understanding industry standards and best practices
- in-depth understanding of cloud computing and cloud infrastructure ( AWS preferred)
- strong organizational and communication skills in order to clearly elaborate the technical aspects, risks, challenges, and selling points of the solution
- strong proactivity and leadership mentality
- capable of aligning all the parties involved in the solution, including client, business analysts, project managers, vendors, developers, and other stakeholders
- people skills to maneuver and manage project requirements from numerous groups that work in the project
- providing advice, explanation, empathy, influence, and negotiation skills to navigate the solution with confidence
- preferably possess knowledge of most relevant compliance and regulatory standards affecting the software development process (GDPR, ISO27001, PCI-DSS, Cloud Controls Matrix, eIDAS,…)
What we offer
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment
- Diverse projects (from 3-week microservice apps to 6+ month enterprise solutions)
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles
- Occasional travel to meet with clients and do a quick workshop/brainstorming in their office
- Educational budget
- Free English Course
- 100% paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours & remote work
- Dog-friendly environment
- Informal hangouts — Movies, Running, Hiking, Game Nights, etc.
- Entertainment and relaxation — Table tennis, Table football, PlayStations, Darts, Massage chairs, Cards & Board games
- Yoga classes
- Subvention of Multisport card (50%)
- Option to have a massage in the office
- Coffee, IceCream, and Snacks
- Bike parking