What do we do?
Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. After becoming the most popular education app in the world with over 180 million downloads, we are building new products including a mathematical crowdsourced platform with the largest math dataset in the world.
Software products and projects built here vary from small internal apps, through large scale web services to crowdsourced mathematical platforms. We are building all products in an agile way, following all trends, having users at its core, and we are looking for several experienced Backend Developers.
Our development stack:
- Kotlin, Java, Python, React, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, BitBucket, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, BigQuery, Debian, Shell, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Flyway, Hazelcast, Redis, Elastic Search, Apache Kafka, Knative.
What is the Role?
- Develop and maintain the backend of Photomath’s core web projects: web applications, microservices, workflow, rule and decision making engines, wrappers for machine learning products
- Make the systems scalable, reliable and optimized for performance
- Collaborate with frontend developers and data engineers
- Collaborate with other teams in order to develop great web applications
- Suggest the best way to solve certain web development problem using knowledge about new web development trends
Who are You?
- Have at least 5 years of experience in backend web development
- Have excellent knowledge of Kotlin and/or Java and its web frameworks like Spring, Micronaut or similar
- Graph data structures, tree traversals, complex parsing and algorithms pose no problem to you
- Have a deep understanding of SQL inner functioning
- At least 5 years of active working with a wide range of SQL queries
- Prefer to write clean and reusable code
- Can work well in a team (frontend devs, data engineers, web designers) and with internal clients (other teams)
- Have great attention to details and you prefer quality and structured web project
- Have a proactive and responsible approach to work
- Have interest in new web development trends and like to implement them in your work
- Have great English language skills
An additional plus is if you:
- Have sysadm/DevOps skills
- Have some experience with GCP, AWS or similar
- Have some experience with Kubernetes
- Have an understanding of frontend technologies like JS, React, CSS, …
- Have experience with modern development processes (git, test-driven development, continuous integration, …)
- Have implemented a compiler, parser or trained a machine learning model
- Familiar with NoSQL databases
We are offering:
- An opportunity to build core web applications that are key to driving our products forward
- A diverse environment with agile and talented juniors and smart and experienced seniors – to teach and be taught
- An opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- A friendly team atmosphere
- Experimenting with new technologies
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
Interested in joining our team?
Send us your resume with some examples of your code/projects with the email subject “Senior Java/Kotlin Backend Developer“ to email@example.com