Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering. We are an ambitious team of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Above all, we cherish the curiosity for understanding and solving our customer’s toughest mobile automation challenges. We are fast to deliver, have a team-first mindset, and we’re humbled to have the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners. Gideon Brothers is going through an exciting phase of rapid growth.
As a Project Manager at Gideon Brothers, you will work alongside the product and development teams to define, develop, and deliver the next generation of autonomous mobile robots. You will be responsible for providing technical project planning, management, and oversight for engineering product development and effectively communicating status and progress to the stakeholders. Cross-functional efforts, combining technical, problem solving, communication, and project management skills to release new products and features to market in a transparent and predictable manner will also be in your domain. We are seeking candidates with demonstrated expertise in leading product development efforts and a passion for process and coaching others through it. You will execute the development process, track appropriate metrics, and drive workflow and/or process changes to improve product development flow. You will work with teams to create the development plan, make the work visible on project boards, track progress against that work, and clearly communicate status, confidence, and risks to the stakeholders.
- Define project scope, deliverables, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners.
- Compose project requirements documents including scope, goals, and deliverables for both hardware and software development projects.
- Work with the team(s) to develop major milestones, manage towards these milestones, and conduct the appropriate review meetings.
- Coach teams to adopt product development processes that promote visibility, predictability, and continuous improvement.
- Work with the teams to quantitatively improve development flow.
- Monitor and drive product development; manage and appropriately escalate any delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes.
- When necessary, engage with third-party developers and manage the contracting process.
- Be an integral part of the engineering team building the next generation of autonomous mobile robots.
- BSc or MSc in an Engineering discipline and 5+ years of experience in project management and/or experience leading cross-functional development projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, artifacts, and tools; PMP or other certification preferred.
- Familiarity working in a lean or agile product development methodology is preferred.
- Experience with product hardware development and supply chain/production/QA/QC workflows desired.
- Ability to drive to big-picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skill.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks – fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Are you ready to join us?
Drop us your CV and let’s have a talk!