LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers.
Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers’ experience at the heart of everything we do. We’re always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The successful candidate will join our fast growing design team, reporting to Director of Product Design.
What will I be doing?
- You are a designer who has a defined process, a self-managing mentality and who strives for thoughtful, elegant, simple products that are useful and effective.
- You will partner with product managers in solving customer problems, through research, collaboration, iteration and validation.
- You will deliver thoughtful, customer-centred outcomes through an agile process working with a scrum team.
- With the support of your team members, you will help establish customer needs by using your UX toolkit (customer interviewing, usability testing, competitor analysis, and more.)
- Making this data friendly and digestible for stakeholders is important, using artefacts like journey maps, empathy maps, flowcharts etc you will advocate for the user and help us make data-driven decisions.
- You will ideate in teams, brainstorming collaboratively.
- You are a prototyping ninja, using this as a means to explore solutions, and validate their effectiveness. You encourage others to wireframe and build a solution together.
- With the support of your team you will plan, schedule and run usability tests showing easy to follow results and overall insights to stakeholders.
- You seek critiques of your work from designers, product and various stakeholders. You can explain your rationale for decisions, and support other designers in critiquing their work also.
- You can dialogue with developers to extract technical constraints and support them throughout the development process. You have a good knowledge of CSS and component creation.
- You will help shape our design system and principles.
What skills do I need?
- You have experience leading projects from inception to shipping.
- In depth knowledge of design tool landscape including the Adobe suite, prototyping tools such as XD, Sketch, Figma.
- You have a deep knowledge of design foundations such as: hierarchy, typography, layout, responsiveness as well as interaction and visual design.
- 2-3 years experience working in a similar role.
- Please apply with a portfolio
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience working in an agile environment with a fast paced delivery turnaround.
- Experience with mobile applications, and have a good grounding in iOS and / or Android guidelines and standards.
- Having experience in an OKR driven environment is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with analytics tools like Hotjar, Fullstory or similar would be a big plus.
- Experience with web app technologies, HTML, CSS, Ruby and Angular.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.