We are looking for Java Engineer for a project that we are starting with our client from the banking industry. The purpose of the project is implementation of new ecosystem that will integrate different existing channels, as a part of the business digitization process. If you join us, you will be working on wide range of tasks, from design and development to deployment and maintenance of Java based solutions.
Sounds interesting? Find out more!
Java Engineer job description will include tasks such as:
- Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to large scale Java based product
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and Spring framework
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Implement the product’s lifecycle: Design, development, quality, deployment and maintenance
- Develop and adhere to best practices for developing applications
- Continuously contribute to team performance improvement and collaboration
We are looking for Java Engineer with the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in relevant technologies
- 4 years of previous working experience in Java development
- Good knowledge of Spring
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in banking sector (preferred)
- Passion for developing software and solving difficult problems with simple solutions
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Good working knowledge of English
Pontis Technology is a startup based in Kastavska 8a, Zagreb, and a part of Bridgewest Group, a private investment company, founded in 1999, with 30+ portfolio companies. The main goal of Pontis is to develop Software that maintains and improves software solutions for companies and public institutions. Also, Pontis helps to build digital products for modern companies and scale their teams, whether they are a startup or an enterprise. The company closes full cycle of software development, thanks to their hardworking Team.
Some of the benefits include flexible hours and an option to work remotely, or at our premises in Zagreb. If you decide to work from the office, you won’t have to worry about parking space, as it is reserved for Pontis employees. It goes without saying that we provide coffee, fruit, and snacks, which you can enjoy at our rooftop terrace. The budget for your learning and development is all set. And last but not least, you’ll be joining a team of enthusiastic and friendly people!
If you are excited about new technologies as we are, or you are curious to hear more about our company or the project, send us your application! We are excited to welcome new members!