LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers’ experience at the heart of everything we do. We’re always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As Front-end Developer you will be joining one of our Scrum teams, which is committed to bringing value to our customers by delivering a best in class LMS user experience. In your role you will work closely with people who will encourage and inspire you to continuously improve.
What will I be doing?
- Involved in the front-end development of our core product
- Dealing with browser compatibility issues and quirks
- Understanding the underlying frameworks involved (both UI and JS), and be prepared to get stuck in to fix issues, and/or understand workarounds
- Working with our UI & UX design team, and contributing to design discussions on all aspects of our UI/UX
- Working within the Scrum team on project planning/scheduling, and managing dependencies and collaborating with other Frontend developers
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years Frontend industry experience
- As a result, your ability to produce clean, concise code, that is well-documented, is second to none
- AJAX, CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS, npm, gulp and webpack are all familiar ground to you
- Understanding of web application technology stacks (REST, MVC, DB, etc., API).
- Self-motivation with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Knowing limitations of older versions of IE and some functional workarounds will be a plus
- Can work with a team, and your own, when required
- Excellent communication skills; being able to communicate to other technical/developer team members, as well as non-technical team members
- Familiarity or previous experience with optimizing apps for accessibility usage
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Familiarity with Agile software development is a plus
- A strong knowledge of online software (SaaS) products and services
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Private health insurance
- 22 days annual leave
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our Head of Engineering
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team