LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers’ experience at the heart of everything we do. We’re always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Reporting into our CTO, our team of architects are vital to our Product scalability and Engineering team mentoring. You will be responsible for prototyping highly scalable solutions and mentoring our engineering teams, helping them implement and adhere to best practices in coding. You will be part of a team responsible for the core LearnUpon application structures, setting new standards and exploring new technologies.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be stepping into the coding of prototypes and design spikes with code as necessary
- You’ll be coding and designing reusable libraries and components for the wider LearnUpon application ecosystem
- Troubleshoot performance issues, solve problems and suggest optimizations.
- You’ll be a champion for best practices and coding standards
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Guiding and mentoring our engineering teams, helping them solve problems with best practices in coding
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- 6+ years of experience building large web applications at scale
- At least two years serving a large-scale web application solution within cloud infrastructures
- Digesting problem statements and prioritizing/breaking them down into smaller problems is easy to you
- You are comfortable taking something from conception to delivery in a solo and/or a team environment
- You are very comfortable in oAuth, Integrations and similar strategies/technologies
- You are able to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic applications
- You have good working experience with Kafka or similar event streaming technologies
- Coaching and mentoring engineering teams to a solution is second nature to you
- Acute skill to digest and discuss issues/solutions with team members that may not be familiar with such terminology/technologies
- Excellent communication skills, team player
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience writing apps with Ruby/Rails
- Or alternatively previous experience with Go
- LMS / SaaS experience is a bigger plus
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Private health insurance
- 22 days annual leave
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team