What do we do?
Photomath is changing the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the US with over 180 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone camera to get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
We understand and appreciate the value of data-informed decision making. Thus, we are looking to expand our team with a Data Analyst who will join our team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts and help us bring our data-informed decision making to the next level.
What you will do at Photomath:
- Work with stakeholders to ideate, scope, and plan for analytics projects
- Take ownership in creating, deploying, and optimizing analytics tools (including reporting dashboards, visualizations, and data tables) requested by stakeholders, empowering business decision making
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in large data sets
- Build, validate and maintain predictive models using statistical or machine learning approaches to help guide business decisions, and/or to improve business operations
- Participate in the design and development of the company’s data architecture
- Participate in conversations with data users (from technical and/or business teams) and consult with data-related projects
- Identify opportunities to improve existing analytics tools
- Explore, exploit, evaluate and recommend new data sources, platforms, and tools
- Educate the company on best practices on data processing, reporting, and experiments
Our ideal candidate has:
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of experience working in similar roles
- Expert knowledge of SQL, and hands-on experience working with multiple databases, as well as a huge volume of data
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the mainstream data analytics and data science languages and packages: Python, R, Matlab, Excel, etc.
- Hands-on experience of commonly used data science methodologies (regression, tree and forest, neural networks)
- Hands-on experience with a few analytical platforms and tools such as Google Data Studio, Metabase, Tableau, and Looker
- Enthusiasm about new technologies and capabilities to learn new skills quickly
- Good logical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to details
- Good communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, willing to listen, understand, and share
- Positive and proactive attitude towards work and growth mindset
- Ability to work independently and/or jointly with other people
- Flexibility to work in diverse environments (in office or remotely, across different business locations, occasional flexible work hours)
- Excellent English language skills (speaking and writing)
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum – to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaborative-heavy team atmosphere
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, education, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume with the email subject “Data Analyst“ to firstname.lastname@example.org